Berry & Mascarpone Cream Dutch Baby Recipe
If you haven't tried a Dutch Baby, we think you'll be intrigued. This Yorkshire pudding style pancake is a showstopper straight from the oven, and can be made sweet or savoury.
Try something different for Pancake Day with this berry cheesecake inspired recipe.
Recipe by chef Angelica Jells @angelia.jells
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 150ml Milk
- 100g Flour
- 500g Frozen Berries
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 1 tub Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and place a skillet into the oven to preheat.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar then whisk in the milk, flour and salt, and mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- Use an oven cloth to remove the pan from the oven and add in a knob of butter, then quickly pour in the batter and place it back in the oven.
- Bake until risen and golden, for about 15–20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add all the ingredients for the compote to a saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Add the mascarpone and sugar to a bowl and whip until thick. Loosen with a little milk (or cream) then mix again.
- When the pancake is ready remove from the oven, top with the compote and cream then dust with icing sugar and garnish with some mint leaves.