Pan Fried Prawns in Garlic Butter
Devour this taste of the Mediterranean. So simple yet full of flavour, it’s an exquisite side or starter. Keep the shells on the prawns while cooking to protect the delicate flesh. Serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the sauce. This dish is only as delicious as the ingredients you use so try to buy the best sustainably caught prawns available.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 16 large raw prawns shell on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (or a small handful)
- Melt the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a moderately high heat. As the butter starts to froth add the garlic and fry for a minute or so. Allow to soften but not burn.
- Add the prawns and spoon the butter and oil mixture over them as they cook. Turn if necessary and cook for approximately 3 minutes until pink.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately.